Meet your posture
and ergonomics coach
Helping people become pain-free, aligned, and
strong for nearly 20 years.
Hi, I’m Zeena Dhalla, founder of VerticAlign Posture and Ergonomics and proud posture geek. Welcome to my virtual studio.
Step inside and make yourself comfy – if you can. But I’m guessing that getting comfortable is a major challenge for you these days, and that’s why you’re here.
If you’re like most people who spend hours sitting at a desk or looking down at your phone, you’re seeing changes in your posture like slumped or rounded shoulders. And you’re feeling back or neck pain that you can’t seem to fix on your own.
Maybe you’re here because you’ve been battling a persistent pain that no chiropractor, physical therapist, wearable posture trainer, or YouTube video can help erase. And you refuse to believe the only solution is medication or surgery.
Or maybe you manage a team and you’ve noticed that long hours and less-than-ideal workspaces have taken a toll not just on your employees’ posture, but also on morale and productivity.
No matter which situation fits you, your pain likely stems from the same sources: poor body alignment and immobility or lack of movement.
If you’re looking for someone to guide you out of pain and into proper alignment and good posture, you’re in the right place. I’ll train you in simple bodyweight exercises you can slide into your daily routine to align your body, ease your stress, and erase your pain. And maybe even change your life.
How I became a back pain survivor
Before I began my fitness career, I worked an office job with long hours sitting at a desk. My reward? Numbing back pain.
I was 25, overweight, and knew I needed more than a post-work cardio class to kick my butt into gear. So when I saw an ad for marathon training, I signed up right away. Yep. The girl who hadn’t run more than 3 miles her entire life raised her hand to run 26.2 of them. At one time. My friends and family thought I’d gone insane.
It wasn’t easy, but I stuck with the training and 6 months later, I crossed the finish line. I was elated. I loved how running made me stronger not just physically, but also mentally. And I wanted to help others experience this transformation. So I said goodbye to my office job and became a personal trainer.
One problem: My back pain hadn’t gone away. In fact, the impact of running on my body had made the pain worse. It hurt to stand for hours while I trained my clients. How would I help them if I couldn’t even stand at their side?
That’s when my obsession with body mechanics, office ergonomics and posture began. And my clients loved it. Some would come into a session with inexplicable knee pain and leave feeling stretched, strengthened, and pain-free.
The making of a posture geek (and certification junkie)
Personal training was just the start. Nearly 20 years later, I’m a postural alignment therapist certified by the Egoscue Institute and the National Posture Institute, and an ergonomics specialist certified by The Back School.
Other certifications I’ve earned over the years:
- Personal trainer certified by NASM
- Pilates instructor certified by BASI (Body Arts and Sciences International)
- CoreAlign machine certification through Balanced Body
Before starting VerticAlign, I owned two fitness studios in California The Athletic Club for Women in Newport Beach and Vertical Pilates in Mission Viejo. I was also the Pilates director for YogaWorks.
I’m also the co-author of the Amazon bestseller “Sculpt and Shape The Pilates Way” with Bollywood trainer Yasmin Karachiwala.
My obsession with posture and alignment continues to grow. And through the years, I’ve built a tried and true methodology that has helped clients reduce pain and feel better. This includes take a close analysis of their desk set up, which is where they often spend 8 hours plus a day.
My coaching style
Being your posture coach means I’ll do more than teach you a set of exercises. When you work with me, you’ll get someone who:
- Understands how pain and posture can affect every aspect of your life – physically, socially, and emotionally
- Listens to your concerns, questions, and ideas
- Cares about the frustration, desperation, and fear that can come with the pain
- Motivates you when you need a boost
- Celebrates every move forward
I love getting to know my clients and understand that everyone learns differently and has a unique relationship with
movement and exercise. When you work with me individually, I’ll create a menu of exercises that work for your personality, schedule, and lifestyle. I’ll take a holistic view of your particular pain to find the muscle imbalances at its source.
What My Clients Say
Other things to know about me …
- I’m a mom. My husband and I have a teenage daughter who we adopted from Kolkata, India in 2008.
- I used to work for Playboy TV – behind the camera, of course! I shot a live TV show at the Playboy House and met Hugh Hefner
- I took so many dance classes at Northwestern they offered me a minor in dance if I took a few more classes. I said no, thinking, “Who needs a minor in dance!?”
- I met my husband when I was 14 and married him when I was 29. Both of our parents have the same first name – as well as both of our grandmothers!
- My favorite movie is “Clueless” and now it’s one of my daughter Zaleeya’s faves and that makes me SO HAPPY.
- St. Martin is my favorite vacation spot.
- I used to write a fitness blog called “Zeena Warrior Fitness” for a lifestyle website. Bonus points if you get the pop culture reference.
Want posture tips sent right to your inbox?
Sign up for the Posture Geek newsletter to get exercises, posture tips, and product reviews. No spam ever.
As a thank you, you’ll also get the Desk Posture Daily plan, a printable guide with 7 exercises for your workday.